Open Day at Dodo Towers in Aid of Cornwall Hospice Care

Every year Dodo Pad HQ delights in flinging open the doors to let the public into its stationery packed rooms. While the thought of chatting with fellow stationery lovers is good enough reason in itself to have a get together over some Christmas nibbles, this event is being held for a very special reason.

Rebecca and the team are keen supporters of Cornwall Hospice Care. The work that the dedicated staff do at the two adult hospices in the county for those who are terminally ill and in need of help, support, compassion and friendship is truly awe-inspiring.

Please click on the image for more information

Unbelievably, considering the care that Cornwall Hospice Care provides, only 9% of their funding comes from Central Government. They therefore rely on their supporters to help them raise the other 91%. These much needed funds cover everything from staffing, equipment, food and more. This funding is essential if the Hospice is to continue offering the highest level of care for those with life limiting conditions and their families.

So, for those of you within striking distance who are just itching to see the inside of the almost mythical Dodo Towers (which is actually less of a stationery filled mansion and more of a converted barn with fabulous Cornish views), this is your opportunity to do so while supporting a fabulous and much needed local charity.

 

Christmas Open Day in aid of Cornwall Hospice Care
Dodo Towers
Friday 7th December from 10-4pm

Perranporth, Cornwall

 The whole Dodo Pad range will be on display for sale (many items at prices lower than on the website), from pens to pads, slip covers to diaries. 20% of the takings for the day will be going to Cornwall Hospice Care to help them to be able to continue the fantastic work they do. There is no obligation to buy of course and there will most definitely be minced pies, stollen cake and other festive treats available. There were rumours of mulled mine being on the menu however Lord Dodo has something of a fondness for a glass or three of this festive tipple so whether there will be any left remains to seen. There will of course be coffee and tea aplenty for all.

 All the way up here in North Yorkshire people have heard of the generosity of the Cornish, demonstrated of course by the Dodo Towers staff and the many other local supporters who give their time to help raise cash for this most worthy cause. I suspect that the open day will be very busy and that it will again be a fabulous fundraiser for the hospice.

 Please do pop in on the 7th and eat, drink, be merry and support the team in their endeavours to enable Cornwall Hospice Care to continue to provide much needed comfort and support when it matters the most.

You will find more information on Cornwall Hospice Care on their Facebook page and their website.

If you plan to go along or need any further information or directions to Dodo Towers, then please give the office a call on 01872 575055. I know Rebecca and the team are looking forward to meeting some of their local fellow Dodo Pad lovers.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under General

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s